REDFLEX Student Guardian®
Automated School Bus Stop-Arm Enforcement
Thousands of drivers speed past stopped school buses every day, endangering the lives of children and distracting bus drivers as they do so.
Historically, law enforcement agencies have had few avenues to effectively patrol illegal school bus passing, as it’s unrealistic for a police officer to trail and monitor traffic around every school bus, every school day. Automated enforcement has changed that, and Redflex Student Guardian® is providing districts and municipalities with a means to detect and deter the crime on troublesome bus routes.
Redflex combines the latest, innovative technology with a turnkey program to become the trusted, full-service partner that law enforcement agencies and school districts to need to protect children at school bus stops, without an additional strain on resources and manpower.
- Specialized camera system that’s only triggered to capture data of a vehicle if it passes a stopped school bus while the stop-arm and warning lights are displayed, and children are loading or unloading. No bus driver involvement is required to record or mark the incident.
- State-of-the-art image recording and data capture technology, providing law enforcement agencies with the information they need to determine whether a violation occurred
- Ability to capture data in low-light or adverse weather conditions
- Highly secure web-based interface for law enforcement review
- Assistance with route selection using historical data and route surveys
- Daily remote monitoring of systems to ensure maximum uptime
- Triple-verification of all incidents, and subsequent citation processing and mailing once a law enforcement has deemed a violation occurred
- Full customer service suite for motorists, including a call center, IVR and multiple ways for the public to pay fines