Automated Red-Light Photo Enforcement
Red-light running is among the most dangerous and risky driving behaviors on our roadways – often contributing to deadly t-bone crashes and ultimately property damage, injuries and loss of life. While law enforcement agencies can increase patrols at dangerous intersections, it’s impractical to monitor high-risk areas on a consistent basis with manpower alone.
Enter, REDFLEXred®, an automated photo enforcement solution that helps municipalities combat this dangerous driving behavior effectively, 24/7, with the goal of improving safety and holding violators accountable.
Redflex combines the latest, innovative technology with a turnkey program to become the trusted, full-service partner that municipalities need to reduce red-light running, preserve taxpayer resources and save lives.
- State-of-the-art image recording and data capture technology, providing law enforcement agencies with the information they need to determine whether a violation occurred
- Ability to capture data across multiple lanes in low-light or adverse weather conditions
- Non-intrusive radar technology that eliminates the need for disruptive road construction
- Live HD video feed for police monitoring plus the ability to pull archived video for, for instance, crash reconstruction and criminal investigations
- Customizable enforcement zone configuration based on municipality need and regulations
- Highly secure web-based interface for law enforcement review
- Assistance with site selection and intersection optimization using historical data and video surveys
- Automated system alarms and daily remote monitoring of systems to ensure maximum uptime
- Triple-verification of all incidents, and subsequent citation processing and mailing once a law enforcement has deemed a violation occurred
- Full customer service suite for motorists, including a call center, IVR and multiple ways for the public to pay fines
Red-light systems can also be equipped to monitor speed and automatically read license plates.