Automated Speed Photo Enforcement
Speeding is among the most difficult driving behaviors to enforce, especially on a consistent basis. Considering nearly one-third of all roadway fatalities are speed-related, municipalities have a responsibility to patrol, prevent and enforce speeding violations, but they often struggle with the most effective means to do so.
REDFLEXspeed® is a versatile, advanced photo enforcement solution for detecting and deterring speeding in a variety of conditions – making it suitable for an array of cities, environments, challenges, terrains and other needs.
A unique aspect of this system is secondary speed verification providing two independent data points of a speeding violation helping to eliminate the most common citizen court challenge to a speeding ticket.
Redflex combines the latest, innovative technology with a turnkey program to become the trusted, full-service partner that municipalities need to reduce speeding, preserve taxpayer resources and save lives.
- Multiple deployment options – including permanent, semi-permanent, mobile and handheld – to meet diverse municipality needs and regulations
- Reliable, dual speed detection with all systems
- State-of-the-art image recording and data capture technology, providing law enforcement agencies with the information they need to determine whether a violation occurred
- Ability to capture data in low-light or adverse weather conditions
- Highly secure web-based interface for law enforcement review
- Assistance with deployment options and site selection using historical data and speed site surveys
- Automated system alarms and daily remote maintenance to ensure maximum uptime
- Triple-verification of all incidents, and subsequent citation processing and mailing once a law enforcement has deemed a violation occurred
- Full customer service suite for motorists, including a call center, IVR and multiple ways for the public to pay fines
Fixed systems can also monitor red-light violations and automatically read license plates.