Halo Offers Jurisdictions All-in-One Transportation Intelligence
Photo enforcement has come a long way since it was first introduced in the Netherlands in the 1960s. Long gone are the days of disruptive installation, difficult maintenance and labor-intensive operation. Advancements in data collection, camera technology and automation have made camera systems easier to use, more cost-effective and roadways safer for everyone.
Halo, the latest innovation from Redflex, delivers industry-leading clarity and versatility for cities dedicated to reducing vehicle-related fatalities. Halo has been designed with ease of utilization and total cost of ownership at its forefront, delivering an enforcement system that streamlining installation, communication and maintenance. It also serves as a “force multiplier,” freeing up law enforcement officers to focus on other high-priority tasks while still ensuring dangerous roadways are monitored 24/7.
The state-of-the art camera technology is capable of performing comprehensive traffic analysis, which provides greater context for roadway management. With the ability to capture license plates and monitor speeding, red-light or stop-sign incidents, law enforcement can use Halo to detect and deter potential violations, identify important trends in driving behavior and implement changes to best serve and support commuters and pedestrians.
Several key features offer cities numerous benefits and set Halo apart from other enforcement options.
Multiple Deployment Options Offer Ease of Operation, No Matter the Road Condition or Requirement
Existing infrastructure or unique geography shouldn’t prevent cities from installing a traffic camera, especially in problematic areas. Whether you need 24/7 highway monitoring, or a camera in a school zone during peak hours, Halo makes incident detection and analysis seamless in a variety of settings. Halo can be deployed in three different formats:
- Halo – Designed to be placed permanently at one location, Halo is a multi-functional, one-pole solution. It features an interconnected, rotating camera, enabling jurisdictions to monitor a broader area with fewer systems than competitive solutions.
- Halo Distributed – This option may be installed above the roadway or on a side-of-road mount.
- Halo Deployable – With quick and easy relocation, Halo Deployable offers jurisdictions the ultimate flexibility to monitor traffic when and where it’s needed most.
Advanced Imaging for Precise Identification
Halo includes advanced cameras, delivering exceptionally high performance consistently, including in low-light or inclement weather. Cities see an increased enforcement success rate with improved image quality and vehicle identification.
- Bi-directional views in all Halo deployments capture both oncoming and departing traffic with industry-leading efficiency.
- Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) is able to detect and record traffic in multiple lanes, while recording high quality license plate images.
- Three-Dimensional High Definition (3DHD) radar captures vehicle speed, direction and angle with unmatched accuracy, and it eliminates the need for in-ground sensors.
- LED flash, rather than outdated Xenon units, provide targeted illumination and excellent performance even in low-light conditions, all with less electrical consumption.
Many Uses, Same Great Tech
As an all-in-one package, Halo is capable of simultaneously capturing speed and red-light running incidents — eliminating the need to install multiple technologies. Halo and Halo Deployable are also equipped with stop sign enforcement, which may be used in conjunction with speed enforcement.
Beyond this, all Halo deployment options incorporate average speed measurement capabilities, giving law enforcement a more complete snapshot of the incident in question by calculating the average speed of multiple vehicles within a specific timeframe, rather than focusing on the behavior of an individual driver.
Further, ALPR can be used for tolling and congestion charging.
Delivering the Right Information for Data-Driven Decisions
Recording and digesting data is crucial for any photo enforcement system to have a long-lasting impact. By delivering actionable, real-time data, Halo allows law enforcement to make informed judgements to best serve the community. Real-time detection of changes in traffic flow help inform and drive decisions regarding roadway safety.
Data and images captured by the Halo system are managed onboard, encrypted for storage and communication and are verified multiple times to ensure validity. Collected and verified information is then expediently shared with law enforcement for future decision-making or benchmarking.
Halo is cutting-edge and comprehensive, seamlessly integrating into existing infrastructure and processes. It’s able to serve jurisdictions effectively and with minimal maintenance. This product truly offers the most diverse benefits for a photo enforcement system. With multiple applications, Halo can improve safety on lower-trafficked roads and busy highways, ensuring law enforcement has the best tools available to monitor, analyze and ultimately improve safety on roads and highways.