Who is Redflex?
Redflex Holdings Limited (ABN 96 069 306 216 ("Redflex") is an Australian public company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange whose registered office address is at 31 Market Street, South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3205. Redflex has subsidiaries in the United States of America (U.S.), Australia, United Kingdom (U.K.) and various other regions and countries (collectively, the "Redflex Group"). When we say "Redflex", "we" or "us" in this document, we mean Redflex Holdings Limited. The following are some of the companies in the Redflex Group and the countries in which each operates:
Redflex has prepared this User Privacy Notice (“Notice”) to be provided to Users of the Redflex corporate websites (www.redflex.com), and associated domains (collectively, “the Website(s)”). We think it is very important that you understand how we use your personal data, and we take our obligations in this regard very seriously. The purpose of this Notice is therefore to give you information about how Redflex collects, processes, stores and otherwise uses information about you, and your rights in relation to that information.
Redflex is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Redflex is the data controller of personal data we process about you. We process personal data only in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“the CCPA”) and the Federal Driver’s Privacy Protection Act (“the DPPA”).We are also bound by other legislations (Federal and State) which may likewise require us to meet privacy obligations. Redflex will ensure it complies with the law in respect of privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and to assist you in making an informed decision about the information you share with Redflex.
What categories of personal data does Redflex collect about me?
"Personal data" means any information relating to you. We collect personal data about you when you contact us, fill in forms on our Website and use our Website. Redflex will collect, process and use the following categories and types of personal data about you:
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Your name;
- Your telephone number(s);
- Your email address(es);
- Your mailing address;
- Any other personal data which are contained in your responses to questions we may ask;
- Your internet protocol (IP) address;
- Your login information;
- Your computer software details such as browser and browser plug-in type and version, operating system and platform;
- Details regarding your internet visit, including uniform resource locator (URL) clickstream to and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response time, download errors, duration of visit to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from page; and
- Any telephone number used to call our customer service desk.
We may also collect personal data from other sources such as payment processors. We may receive personal data if you use any other websites we operate, or which are linked to or other services we provide. For more specific detail, refer to the section “Websites we operate”
Any data we collect may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We also work with third parties (including, for example, customers*, business partners, payment processors, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive personal data from them. Our customers include certain government agencies.
Our Websites are not directed toward children and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 16.
Why does Redflex need to collect, process and use my personal data and what is the legal basis for doing so?
We collect and use personal data for a variety of reasons linked to your use of our Websites. To help clarify these we have set out below a list of reasons why we collect and use personal data (the "Processing Purposes"). However, we can only collect and use this data if we have a valid legal basis for doing so, and we are required to explain the various legal bases that we rely on to you.
To give you the full picture, we have set out each of the reasons why we collect and use personal data, i.e., the Processing Purposes, and mapped these against the relevant types of personal data and the different legal bases that allow us to do so. We appreciate that this is quite a lot of information to take in, so please bear with us.
Who might Redflex share my personal data with?
We are part of the global Redflex Group, and several entities in this group may be involved in the Processing Purposes. To ensure that the Processing Purposes can be completed, your information may be shared with any of the entities within the Redflex Group. Where we do share data in this way, however, it is our policy to limit the categories of individual who have access to that personal data.
Redflex may transfer personal data to third parties, including to entities within and outside the Redflex Group located in any jurisdictions where Redflex Group entities are located, for the Processing Purposes as follows:
- Within the Redflex Group. Redflex is part of a wider group headquartered in South Melbourne, Australia with offices located around the globe. For this reason, Redflex may transfer personal data, or otherwise allow access to such data by other entities within the Redflex Group, which may use, transfer, and process the data for the Processing Purposes listed above.
- Communication with third parties. As necessary in connection with business operations, personal data may be transferred to existing or potential business partners, suppliers, customers, end-customers or government officials and other third parties. Where directed by the User, Redflex may disclose information to third parties assisting in the processing of a transaction initiated and requested by the User - (e.g. credit card service providers).
- Regulators, authorities, and other third parties. As necessary for the Processing Purposes described above, personal data may be transferred to regulators, courts, and other authorities (e.g., tax and law enforcement authorities), independent external advisors (e.g., auditors), insurance providers, pensions and benefits providers, internal compliance and investigation teams (including external advisers appointed to conduct internal investigations).
- Data processors. As necessary for the Processing Purposes described above, personal data may be shared with one or more third parties, whether affiliated or unaffiliated, to process personal data under appropriate instructions ("Data Processors"). The Data Processors include customer relationship management service providers and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Websites, as well as other third parties who assist us with our Processing Purposes. The Data Processors will be subject to contractual obligations to implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard the personal data and to process the personal data only as instructed.
For a full list of the Redflex Group entities and third parties that we may share your data with, please contact us as set out below.
Sale of personal information
Redflex does not share, sell, rent or trade User personal data with third parties for their commercial purposes.
How long do we keep your personal data?
It is our policy not to keep personal data for longer than is necessary. We may, for example, keep your personal data for a reasonable time after you have accessed our Website to ensure that Redflex has the records it needs in the event of a dispute or regulatory investigation and to ensure that any ongoing obligations can be complied with, such as complying with requests from regulators. Where personal data is kept, that period will be determined based on the applicable local law. You may request further details on how long Redflex will retain different categories of personal data.
Websites we operate
Redflex operates other websites in order to provide specific, targeted services. These websites may collect and process different information to that outlined here. Please review the privacy notice available on each website to understand the information collected in relation to those operations.
Links to other sites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
What security is provided
Certain Redflex websites perform transactions for which heightened security is appropriate, such as online payment transactions (e.g. transmission of credit card data). Such transactions are protected through Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption, so that only appropriate personnel who have agreed to keep such information in strict confidence are able to decode the User’s information. Please note that most Internet browsers also offer security alerts that permit the User to determine whether or not the User’s transmission is secured.
Cookies and Trackers
Trackers are programs that recognize a unique piece of information contained within a cookie placed on the User’s hard drive by another website. Redflex does not use trackers.
Rights in relation to personal data?
If you are a resident of California or another jurisdiction where similar rights apply, you may have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. Rights can differ by jurisdiction, but can be summarized in broad terms as follows:
(i) Right of Disclosure or Access
You may have the right to confirm with us whether your personal data has been collected, and if so, to request access to that personal data including the categories of personal data collected, the business use, and the recipients or categories of recipients with whom it may be shared.
(ii) Right to Request Deletion
You may have the right to ask us to delete certain personal data concerning you.
(iii) Right to data portability
You may have the right to receive personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as stated below (Who can I contact?).
Who can I contact?
If you have concerns or questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you would like to exercise your rights as a data subject, you can get ahold of the right person here:
Verra Mobility Privacy Office
1150 North Alma School Road
Mesa, Arizona 85201 USA
Telephone: +1 (503) 596-4566
Changes to this Notice
As our business changes from time to time, we sometimes need to make changes to the way we collect and use your personal data. Therefore, this Notice may be updated from time to time. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post an alert on the home page of our Website.