Laying foundations for the future of parking at Chadstone – The Fashion Capital
Redflex is now working with Vicinity to provide smart parking services for Chadstone shopping centre, the iconic retail destination for Melbourne, Australia.
Chadstone features over 550 stores, designer boutiques and more than 30 luxury brands. This world-class integrated shopping, dining, leisure and commercial complex today welcomes more than 23 million visitors every year. Recognising that effortless parking is key to the visitor experience, Vicinity were looking for a solution that could help them understand and improve the customer journey within their car parks – rewarding loyalty, encouraging return visits and improving outcomes for their retail tenants.
Redflex’s sophisticated technology allows for the accurate and reliable detection, capture and tracking of vehicles throughout the car park. This data can help Vicinity improve the customer experience by:
1) Identifying how long it takes a customer to find a parking spot.
2) Identifying the length of the average stay.
3) Guiding customers to a parking spot more quickly.
World-leading technology in action
The solution Redflex devised for Chadstone leverages the same world-leading Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology that Redflex uses to provide detection, verification and processing in numerous countries globally, from the US to the UK, Europe, the Middle East and across the Asia Pacific region.
Components of the Redflex solution include the most advanced core processing and imaging technology on the market, already proven in high-volume car park solutions, and able to cover single lane, multi-lane and multi-directional lanes of traffic flow.
At the heart of the solution are features including:
- Industry-leading ANPR camera system with best-in-class detection, capture and tracking rates
- Configurable mounting options to optimise detection accuracy
- The number plate to be used as a unique identifier linked to user entry and exit credentials e.g. to provide preferential designated parking.
Our focus at Redflex is on providing parking solutions that make a difference in helping our customers improve the experience of their customers. – Mark J. Talbot, Redflex CEO.